Working in groups rocks!!!

I have five groups in my classroom. They are known as "apples", "pears", "cherries", "lemons" and "oranges". The reason they are named as fruits is mainly because I want them to learn new vocabulary in Spanish and while they learn some fruits they also learn the colors. There is a second reason for not giving them just color names. This is because, as some of you know, I have to different groups learning in my classroom: one is the red group and the other one is the blue group...and I don't want them to be confused with more colors...
So last year every student used to have a box with their own supplies. But it didn't work very well because one student from the red group had to share the desk (and box of supplies) with another student from the blue group... At the end of the week a lot of erasers were lost and some neat and well organized students were angry with the partners they have sharing their desk and supplies.
So this year I thought in sharing as a group. It works GREAT!!!
I did (yes, I did it!!) a box for each group (with a picture and the name of their fruit) and inside it they have different boxes where they share the supplies. Here's a picture of the box from "pears":


As you can see in the photo each group has its picture hanging from the ceiling.
I also have made a poster with the captains of these groups. Each Monday I change the captains and they are begging to be the captain. One of its chores is providing his/her group with the supplies they need. They have the pink and white boxes on their groups during all the day and they go to pick other material if it is needed. This is the picture with the captains (I have two, one red and one blue, because of my two groups!):





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CREAR UNA SOPA DE LETRAS CON MENSAJE OCULTO

IV Intercambio Navideño

FALLAS PROJECT... Celebration in Valencia (Spain) brought to UTAH!!